Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Glory of Killing

Our society seems to have this notion that killing humans is bad no matter who does it or for whatever reason it is accomplished. For instance, I recently heard a medal recipient proclaim that he didn't like killing the twenty terrorists he dispatched with his rifle, their rifles, and an RPG, but rather did so to defend his nation. Now, I'm not saying that this man is a proponent of the view that all killing of humans is bad, but I was disappointed with his response.

What I'd like to hear coming from the mouths of our soldiers is, "Man, it was great to see the terrorist bastards disintegrate into bite-size dogfood pieces as we unleashed our mounted .50 cal" or "As the worthless piece of s*** was about to fire his RPG, my sniper wounded him in the upper chest. We let him writhe around for a minute for his buddies to see before we blew his brains out, and man it felt great!" Such honesty would be refreshing instead of the constant banter of the hypnopaedally sheepish minds our society is producing.

I remember hearing the report on the radio as I was driving home from school that Sadam Hussein's sons were dead. I vividly recall the tears of joy running down my cheeks as I prayed a prayer of thanks to God for ending the temporal existence of these two murdering rapists. I was even more pleased when I arrived home, and pulled up the pictures of their corpses. What a glorious vision indeed. It was one of those moments where you see with extreme clarity. A time when you feel the electricity of living. It was a moment where I was experientially realizing that there is great glory in killing another human being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home